Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Collab with Dream. Live. Repeat - Easy Wall Art

Greetings!

My name is Ashley and I write for the blog Dream. Live. Repeat. which features posts intended to inspire and motivate you to achieve your dreams, and find out what excites you. You'll find some of everything: tips on getting into shape, living a healthier life, dealing with love and loss, travel stories and tips, beauty, books, bloggers, great quotes, family talk and much more.

As you can see, I am passionate about many things and I love sharing those things with others. I recently came across the creator of this blog, Dreaming Up DIY's and she inspired me to try out a do-it-yourself project I have been itching to test out.

This simple project is perfect for anyone who does not consider themselves artistic. That said, I'm sure "artsy" people could really have fun with this project too.

Here is what you need:

  • White crayon
  • Light colored paper
  • Watercolor paints
  • Paintbrushes
  • Small cup of water
  • Small cup of water
  • Sketchpad and pen or pencil (optional)
Step One: Choose a word or phrase that you want to duplicate and decide where on the paper the letters will have to go (and the style you will use to write). I suggest practicing this (see my bonus tips below)!

Step Two: Write or draw your quote on paper using a white crayon. Make sure you write a thick line! It will not work well without one!☺


Step Three: Paint! Pick a color scheme or go bold and cover the entire sheet of paper.



Step Four: Let it dry. When it's finished hang it up or frame it!




Now you have a colorful, yet elegant piece of art!

Bonus Tips: Before getting started, I recommend practicing your handwriting in pen or pencil. Test out your script on unlined paper and try to write in a straight line, but remember - you can always use faint guide lines if you need to. Use cursive, caps and your usual script and if you still don't like what you see, buy or make stencils and color in the letters. Consider drawing something to paint over!

Check out a few of the ones I created below. Which do you like best? If you were to make one, what quote would you use? Have any ideas to spice this project up? Please leave your ideas!!

If you are interested in seeing other posts like this, stop by my blog
at: dreamliveandrepeat.blogspot.com

Inspired by a new friend,

Ashley

2 comments:

  1. That's a fun little trick!!! You could make some really pretty wall art with this!!

    I hope you'll have a chance and stop by my blog. All about Beauty. Life. and DIY. If you ever have an OTD, LOTD, hair or nail tutorial, or a fun fashion DIY, I'd love for you to share it at "That's my Style" Link party TOMORROW (every Friday). Don't have anything to share? Stop by anyway for beauty tutorial and fun DIY projects. Hope to see you there. :)

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete